Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Heart Talk

The book that I read over and over again is called The Success Principles by Jack Canfield.  It has taught me so much. One of the principles I use from this book is the Heart Talk.

Recently, I started using the "Heart Talk" in my communications with my partner. A Heart Talk is very easy to implement and makes a world of difference in how we listen to each other.

Rules:
1. Find a small object, such as a coin, to use as the "token".
2. Only the person holding the token is allowed to speak--no interrupting.
3. He/She gets to speak for as long as he/she chooses about whatever he/she wants to express.
4. Once he/she finishes, he/she passes the token to the next speaker.
5. It goes around in a circle until each speaker feels completely heard.
6. While each person is speaking, the listeners do not engage in any other activity besides listening.

What does this technique give you?
--More intimacy
--More partnership
--Better listening skills
--Deeper understanding of the other person

Here is a video of Jack teaching about the Heart Talk. Try it out and see for yourself.
Let me know what happens.   Love and light, MM.

No comments:

Post a Comment