Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Artist Spotlight--Ann Bilott

I had the pleasure of meeting Ann recently and hearing some of her beautiful poems. Together we laughed, connected, and shared our experience of love and loss. Through writing, Ann was able to work through the grief of losing of her husband and mother, and restore her sense of hope. Here below is one of her love poems. It gives me great joy to showcase her work which illustrates so clearly how creativity heals us and rejuvenates us. Thank you Ann for your wisdom, light and courage.


Love Poem


You just seeped into me

Unexpectedly

And all I want is more.

I want you with a love

So wild and strong and inviting

That I can barely breathe.

You bring back the live wire sizzle

To my blood

And shoot sparks through me.

You make my world stop.

When I look into your eyes the whole

World around me goes quiet,

I’m at peace in your presence, yet

You send jolts of excitement

Through my system.



About the Artist:

Ann is a retired teacher and widow. She recently published a book of her poems called Love, Grief, Hope: One Woman's Journey Through Life. She says "writing  poetry is like breathing to me, it has become a way for me to put my experiences and feelings in perspective, to discover myself, to create a new me!" Through finding her voice, Ann has been able to speak her truth.


May her story uplift you and inspire you.

You can find Ann's book at www.amazon.com
ISBN# 978-1-4520-7142-8

No comments:

Post a Comment