Thursday, April 28, 2011

Artist Spotlight--Melissia Williams

I believe in the power of creativity. Creativity heals us and empowers us.
Each week, I will be highlighting the artistic self-expression of others. May the courage in exposing their delicate inner selves inspire you to express yours. Catching miracles, MM.


ARTIST OF THE WEEK: Melissia Williams

Melissia Williams, a San Diego native, started writing poetry and short stories in Jr. High. She is passionate about the beauty to be found in words and using the right combination to inspire others. As a mother, her main focus these days is to teach her daughter to be fearless and appreciate the wonder of different cultures and new experiences. Here is her poem.




                                                     The Oracle’s Dream


 I walk in the woods quietly,
trying,
not to disturb the things I cannot see.
Peacefully I look around,
trusting
Old Mothers foliage to protect me.
Bare feet, on dewy grass…leaves them wet.
I move forward
wanting to succumb to the tranquility.
My deep sigh lets out the breath of despair.
My slow intake brings in the air of enlightenment.
An Oasis of irenic. 
I close my eyes and embrace the sounds
of birds and flowing streams.
Protected from hidden agendas
and the rustle of hypocrisy.
Just as purity seeps in, the truth takes over.
Swirling clouds of expectations and responsibility.
Follow…..
Follow…..
Who is it?
A husband?… a family?…. an identity?
Behind the shrub it lays…
The Answers.
Do I dare?…  No… I run away.







10-Tips-For-Brilliant-People



www.miraclecatcher.com

No comments:

Post a Comment